Title: Automation / DevOps Engineer
Salary: The max pay is $120K+ bonus.
Location: Irving, TX or Irvine, CA
The Automation/DevOps Engineer will be part of an industry leading IT team working in a fast-paced environment at Pacific Dental Services. Under the guidance of the Platform Engineering Manager, this individual will be responsible for day-to-day tasks functioning primarily as mid to upper tier support, assisting in software application deployments, source control management, and script automation. The Automation/DevOps Engineer is also responsible for ensuring software applications and resources are available to users.
• Develop and implement complex automation and integrations tasks.
• Advocate DevOps culture, tooling, delivery methods, and cultural practices
• Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of an agile project.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to peers.
• Identify and raise technical risks and issues.
• Research and stay current in AWS, GCP, Asure, technology, associated vendor products, and their interdependencies.
• Govern and manage Infrastructure and cloud architecture (IaC)
• Manage/Communicate the Release/Change related activities.
• Assist with infrastructure Configuration Management updates and Infrastructure changes ie. servers, DNS, certificates, vulnerability, and patching
• 2 years+ with scripting/coding/developing automation tasks.
• 2 years+ of experience working in DevOps.
• Strong skills in communication, both written and verbal.
• Experience with source control systems using GitLab, BitBucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, or AWS CodeDeploy.
• Experience with scripting automation using Python, SQL, PowerShell, .Net, Bash, YAML, VBScript, or JSON.
• Experience with configuration management tools using Terraform, Puppet, and Ansible.
• Experience with Build and Release cycle using Source Control Management.
• Bachelor’s degree or IT-related certification from accredited college or technical school.
• Amazon Web Services: CloudFormation, VPC, ELB, AutoScaling, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, EKS, ECS.
• Experience with multi-cloud platforms: AWS. GCP, Azure
• Experience with Kubernetes for containerized application management.
• Experience with scripting automation using Perl, PHP, C#, GO, VBScript, or JSON.
• Experience with Okta for Identity Management.
• Experience with Logic Monitor application monitoring.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This is primarily a sedentary office classification but may require field visits and driving. Temperature conditions are controlled with no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. There is occasional exposure to irate staff, vendors, or patients, but there is negligible anticipation of exposure to violence. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, keyboard, to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, see, talk, and hear. The employee will frequently lift and/or carry reports, records and other materials that typically weigh less than 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend, or crouch. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, calculator, and other standard office equipment.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid time to volunteer in your local community.
• Eligible for monthly bonus Pacific
Dental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are united in our mission to create healthier and happier team members.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com