Job Title:Business Systems Analyst II- BI/Data
LOCATION: Cypress, CA- Local to Orange County CA is preferred for this position. Employees based in Cypress CA will be on a Hybrid schedule. Two (2) day minimum office time is required. Specific schedule can be determined at the time of hire. NO OUTSIDE CA candidates will be considered
Base Salary: $118K – $120K
o Annual Bonus Potential: up to 10%
o Paid Sick & Vacation/Health/Dental/401K & Other Benefits
The Business Systems Analyst II is an integral member of the Reliance Technology Solutions (RTS) Data and Business Intelligence (BI) team and is tasked with working with Business Stakeholders to gather and document business requirements for Data applications and BI solutions. Additionally, the Business Systems Analyst II is required to translate business requirements through analysis and design into medium to high complexity functional solutions. The Business Systems Analyst II plays a key role in the planning/analysis, profiling, design and testing phases of data projects, working closely with business stakeholders and the entire project team to ensure project success. BSA II also works with Data owners to managing the master data domains.
Requirements Elicitation – Ability to identify a desired future state that addresses a business problem.
• Effectively use interviewing skills to elicit, identify, and document business requirements
• Precisely and consistently captures business problem
• Prioritize requirements to identify the most critical needs
• Uncover needs and value drivers that business partners and end users would not be able to articulate on their own
• Articulate and incorporates extensive business knowledge into requirements
• Obtain agreement and confirms understanding by clearly interpreting business requirements to business stakeholder
Requirements Management and Analysis – Ability to define, document and manage business requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives.
• Accurately translates business requirements into functionality
• Manage and Prioritizes business requirements based on business needs
• Understand business process complexity
• Assesse the risks of various solutions looking across multiple applications
• Document and contribute to the “to be” business process state considering multiple factors
Creating Compelling Business Case – Ability to measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
• Clearly articulate the impact of business problems and benefits using business language.
• Understand the organization’s economic and revenue drivers
• Understand industry-specific trends that impact the organization
• Quickly adapt to changes in business strategy
• Help business partners communicate solution value to key stakeholders
Providing Accurate Project Effort Estimates – Ability to quantify and meet individual and project phase level efforts.
• Adhere to RTS project methodology throughout project lifecycle
• Effectively engage stakeholders in the project estimation process
• Manage ambiguity and creates accurate project effort estimates for their assigned tasks
• Understand, consider and communicate interdependencies for project estimates
Design for Usability – Ability to translate business requirements into business solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement.
• Incorporate usability and User Interface (UI) efficiencies into business solutions
• Understand the business data needs as it relates to a potential solution
• Effectively convey the business preferences and functional design to the technical teams
• Ensure end-to-end service performance from the end user’s perspective
• Incorporate knowledge of UI best practices in functional design
Functional Design – Ability to translate business requirements to functional designs using analysis and design techniques.
• Understand functional design specifications
• Provide the link between the business and technical views of the system
• Can listen to and understand technological constraints
• Clarify the business rationale of a solution concept
• Create functional design specifications for low to high complexity solutions
• Map business requirements to functional specifications ensuring traceability
• Anticipate weaknesses in the design solution to ensure risk is mitigated
• Understand technical design specifications and ensures that the technical solution(s) developed will satisfy the needs of the business
• Capitalize on reusability while minimizing rework by incorporating prior resolved solutions
• Consider solution interdependencies in functional design
• Consider third party application features and upgrades prior to designing in-house solution
• Develop solutions for system needs that business partners would not be able to articulate on their own
Adherence to Standards – Ability to create solutions that adhere to and incorporate RTS standards.
• Apply and use information and technology standards in design of solution
• Obtain key inputs from Enterprise Architecture groups to ensure compliance and exception management
• Adhere to project management methodology
• Can identify commonalities and suggest a consistent approach across projects
Business Requirements Testing and Validation – Managing traceability of business requirements through testing and validation process.
• Ensure that business and non-business requirements have been met through testing and validation
• Develop effective use cases to test solution to business requirements
• Document validation results are as expected
• Develop reusable test case suite
• Execute functional testing, validation, system and integration testing, and validation of proposed solution
• Work with stakeholders on evaluating coverage of test cases
User Acceptance Testing – Collaborates with stakeholder in testing for acceptance of end user business solution.
• Build user acceptance test cases
• Coordinate testing with end user
• Provide clarification on basic questions of solution testing
• Train end-users on business solution
• Incorporate customer feedback into delivery of service to provide the best experience possible for the customer
• Monitor testing of business solution
• Quickly and effectively solves customer problems
• Facilitate end-user adoption of business solutions
Business Relationship Management – Ability to engage business sponsors and contribute to their targeted business outcomes.
• Proactively resolve customers’ satisfaction issues.
• Clearly articulate the role of technology in terms easily understood by business constituencies
• Help align customer expectations for project delivery (e.g. scope, schedule, budget, and outcome)
• Effectively navigate conflict between multiple business partners
• Adjust engagement to match customer preferences
SUPPLEMENTAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
• Assist personnel in other RTS departments to resolve technical and/or application issues
• Participate/assist in upgrade and patching of applications
• Other duties as requested
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, Business management or equivalent work experience in a related field required
• 1+ years of Metals industry experience preferred
• 5+ years of Business Systems Analysis experience required
• Working Knowledge of BI tools, Platforms and trends required
• Working knowledge of Master data management solution required
• Experience with Cloud data architecture required
• Experience with end-to-end solution like ERP system preferred
• Ability to profile and analyze data, derive insights from data as well as experience working with many disparate data sets required.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, at all levels including customers, vendors, peers, business stakeholders and management required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products required
• Proficiency with some collaboration tools like SharePoint and Box
• Capable of learning new systems and creating/implementing new system functionality
• Understands intermediate Internet and client/server architectures
• Possesses intermediate knowledge of SQL and databases
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
Problem Solving – Ability to problem solve through problem identification (what is the problem), solution assessment (what can be done), problem documentation (document for future) and problem response (implementing a solution).
• Frames problems before trying to solve them.
• Breaks down low to high complexity problems and identifies all of their components.
• Provides insight into the root-causes of problems.
• Seeks advice from those who’ve solved similar problems.
• Anticipates problems and is proactive in addressing them.
• Follows up to ensure that the problem has been resolved. Ask perceptive questions to seek optimal solutions
• Explore various sources for answers, and thinks “outside the box” to find options
• Open to others’ ideas to help develop solutions
• Break down medium to high complexity problems and identifies all of their components
• Generate a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with each
• Evaluate the chosen course of action to determine its worth and impacts
Customer Service – Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers by listening, understanding and responding to their needs.
• Provide service to internal and external customers to satisfy their needs and expectations
• Listen to concerns and resolve reported issues effectively and promptly
• Deliver high quality products and services
• Commit to continuous improvement
• Ensure and comply to customer response timeline (SLAs) based on the severity of reported issues including documenting concise and accurate status information in the ServiceNow ticketing system
• Anticipate customer’s needs and move to effectively address issues
• Establish proactive relationship with customers; includes providing education to clients as appropriate
• Elicit feedback from customers
• Deliver high quality solutions that meet the organization’s needs
Decision making – Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals.
• Gather relevant information before making decisions
• Escalate decisions when appropriate
• Weigh pros and cons of each option before making a decision and moving forward
• Balance analysis, insight, experience, and perspective when making decisions
• Explain the rationale for a decision
• Find solutions that are acceptable to diverse groups with conflicting interests and needs
• Make decisions in difficult situations in a timely manner
• Consider lessons learned from experience, differing needs, and the impact of the decision on others
Accountability – Holds self-accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
• Proactively collaborate between own functional area and areas below or above in the project stream as needed
• Set well-defined and realistic personal goals
• Comply with established policies and procedures
• Accept responsibility for mistakes
• Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments
• Minimize re-work
• Seek out learning opportunities
• Identify training needs and take action to obtain knowledge
• Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks
• Be enthusiastic for the things he/she sees as challenging
• Be proactive throughout work assignments /projects
• Persistently push self and others for results
• Help others learn
• Make good decisions on behalf of the company (profitability, compliance)
• Manage costs
• Provide consistency between projects
Company Business Knowledge – Understands the company, its products and the business processes.
• Apply broad Reliance business knowledge (two or more areas) and integrate it into optimal technology solutions for business processes
Communication – Ability to communicate effectively across all levels to support departmental and organizational objectives.
• Clearly express information taking into account audience and nature of the information (for example, non-technical, sensitive, and controversial)
• Ask questions and summarize what was heard to prevent miscommunication
• Present information in a concise and focused manner
• Listen to others
• Communicate written information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner
• Produce written information, which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience
• Share ideas and perspectives and encourage others to do the same
• Inform others involved in a project of new developments
• Ensure written messages have the desired effect on the target audience
Building Collaborative Relationships – Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside and/or outside the organization.
• Establish rapport with co-workers easily
• Encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust and group identity
• Foster commitment and team spirit
• Work with others to achieve goals
• Listen and respond constructively to other team members’ ideas
• Offer support for others’ ideas and proposals
• Be open with other team members about his/her concerns
• Share his/her expertise with others
• Express disagreement constructively
• Acknowledge team members for their contributions
• Provide assistance to others when they need it
• Work for solutions that all team members can support
• Effectively persuade and influence team members to achieve goals
• Effectively collaborate with geographically distributed teams
Leadership – Displays effort and commitment in carrying out the department’s goals and objectives.
• Act in a proactive and achievement-oriented manner
• Treat co-workers in a fair and equitable manner
• Empower others by sharing information
• Actively listen and clarify information as needed
• Foster an atmosphere of open communication
• Behave in a tactful, compassionate, and sensitive manner
• Consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people in different situations
• Share best practices and processes
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com