Job Title: Business Systems Analyst II with ERP Systems
SALARY RANGE: $90K -$100K base salary
LOCATION: Schaumburg, IL. All employees based in Schaumburg IL function on a Hybrid Work Schedule (minimum of 2 days in the office per week – Tuesdays & Wednesday, subject to change at the managers discretion)
All potential candidates should be local to the Schaumburg IL area.
This position also qualifies for:
• Annual Bonus Potential: up to 10%
• Paid Sick & Vacation/Health/Dental/401K & Other Benefits
• Annual Merit Increase
This BSA II role is more functional than technical.
Metals industry experience is NOT a requirement, but similar type of background/experience is HIGHLY preferred.
This position reports to our Sr. Product Manager, ERP & Corp Apps also based in IL. A total of 4 team members are based out of the same office.
Travel is required for this job, minimum of 25% per year based on project needs.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (see attached for more detailed job description)
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field required
• 1+ years of Metals industry experience preferred
• 5+ years of Business Systems Analysis experience required
• 5+ years ERP systems experience required
• 2+ years SQL experience preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, at all levels including customers, vendors, peers, business stakeholders and management required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products required
• Proficiency with some collaboration tools like SharePoint and Box
• Capable of learning new systems and creating/implementing new system functionality
• Possesses intermediate knowledge of HTML and XML
• Understands intermediate Internet and client/server architectures
• Possesses intermediate knowledge of SQL and databases
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
• Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
The Business Systems Analyst II is an integral member of the Reliance Technology Solutions (RTS) Product Management ERP team and is tasked with working with Business Stakeholders to understand the business processes and business requirements for ERP implementations. Additionally, the Business Systems Analyst II plays a leadership role in the planning/analysis, testing and implementation phases of ERP/Application projects, working closely with business stakeholders and the entire team to ensure project success.
Requirements Elicitation – Ability to identify a desired future state that addresses a business problem.
· Effectively use interviewing skills to elicit, identify, and document business requirements
· Precisely and consistently captures business problem
· Prioritize requirements to identify the most critical needs
· Uncover needs and value drivers that business partners and end users would not be able to articulate on their own
· Articulate and incorporates extensive business knowledge into requirements
· Obtain agreement and confirms understanding by clearly interpreting business requirements to business stakeholder
Requirements Management and Analysis – Ability to define, document and manage business requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives.
· Accurately translates business requirements into functionality
· Manage and Prioritizes business requirements based on business needs
· Understand business process complexity
· Assesse the risks of various solutions looking across multiple applications
· Document and contribute to the “to be” business process state considering multiple factors
Creating Compelling Business Case – Ability to measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
· Clearly articulate the impact of business problems and benefits using business language.
· Understand the organization’s economic and revenue drivers
· Understand industry-specific trends that impact the organization
· Quickly adapt to changes in business strategy
· Help business partners communicate solution value to key stakeholders
Providing Accurate Project Effort Estimates – Ability to quantify and meet individual and project phase level efforts.
· Adhere to RTS project methodology throughout project lifecycle
· Effectively engage stakeholders in the project estimation process
· Manage ambiguity and creates accurate project effort estimates for their assigned tasks
· Understand, consider and communicate interdependencies for project estimates
Design for Usability – Ability to translate business requirements into business solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement.
· Incorporate usability and User Interface (UI) efficiencies into business solutions
· Understand the business data needs as it relates to a potential solution
· Effectively convey the business preferences and functional design to the technical teams
· Ensure end-to-end service performance from the end user’s perspective
· Incorporate knowledge of UI best practices in functional design
Functional Design – Ability to translate business requirements to functional designs using analysis and design techniques.
· Understand functional design specifications
· Provide the link between the business and technical views of the system
· Can listen to and understand technological constraints
· Clarify the business rationale of a solution concept
· Create functional design specifications for low to high complexity solutions
· Map business requirements to functional specifications ensuring traceability
· Anticipate weaknesses in the design solution to ensure risk is mitigated
· Understand technical design specifications and ensures that the technical solution(s) developed will satisfy the needs of the business
· Capitalize on reusability while minimizing rework by incorporating prior resolved solutions
· Consider solution interdependencies in functional design
· Consider third party application features and upgrades prior to designing in-house solution
· Develop solutions for system needs that business partners would not be able to articulate on their own
Adherence to Standards – Ability to create solutions that adhere to and incorporate RTS standards.
· Apply and use information and technology standards in design of solution
· Obtain key inputs from Enterprise Architecture groups to ensure compliance and exception management
· Adhere to project management methodology
· Can identify commonalities and suggest a consistent approach across projects
Business Requirements Testing and Validation – Managing traceability of business requirements through testing and validation process.
· Ensure that business and non-business requirements have been met through testing and validation
· Develop effective use cases to test solution to business requirements
· Document validation results are as expected
· Develop reusable test case suite
· Execute functional testing, validation, system and integration testing, and validation of proposed solution
· Work with stakeholders on evaluating coverage of test cases
User Acceptance Testing – Collaborates with stakeholder in testing for acceptance of end user business solution.
· Build user acceptance test cases
· Coordinate testing with end user
· Provide clarification on basic questions of solution testing
· Train end-users on business solution
· Incorporate customer feedback into delivery of service to provide the best experience possible for the customer
· Monitor testing of business solution
· Quickly and effectively solves customer problems
· Facilitate end-user adoption of business solutions
Business Relationship Management – Ability to engage business sponsors and contribute to their targeted business outcomes.
· Proactively resolve customers’ satisfaction issues.
· Clearly articulate the role of technology in terms easily understood by business constituencies
· Help align customer expectations for project delivery (e.g. scope, schedule, budget, and outcome)
· Effectively navigate conflict between multiple business partners
· Adjust engagement to match customer preferences
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org