Title: Data & Analytics Manager
Location: Bentonville, AR (Hybrid – 3 days onsite and 2 days remote)
Rate : $70-80/hr on W2 or $80-90/hr on C2C
Duration: 6-12+ Months
Summary: Briefly state the primary purpose of the job.
This role is responsible for managing IT and Business relationships within Hershey pertaining to key Retailers – primarily Walmart, Target, and Kroger. This IT role helps manage current + future projects for retailer data & analytics, partnering directly with the Hershey retail teams and third-party vendors. This role will help manage active projects with our key retailers and build relationships with key business stakeholders to drive future priorities to support Hershey’s Commercial strategy. This will include translating future business needs and opportunities, developing operational frameworks and refining capability roadmaps for technology solutions leveraging Commercial data as needed. Areas of focus include all U.S. Commercial functions – Sales, Retail, Category Management, Planning and Digital. They’ll work closely with business & IS leaders and product owners to develop an integrated data landscape that connects each function. This role will also partner closely with Hershey’s Enterprise Data team to ensure projects are aligned with Hershey data & technology strategies.
Time % Summary of major duties:
1. 40% Operations and Analytics Support – Manage day to day operations and prioritize backlog to provide analytical support to Commercial business & IS teams. Leverage existing team to manage ongoing projects, communicate risks/issues with stakeholders, and ensure timely resolution with support of internal teams and/or 3rd party vendors. Act as liaison between technical and business teams and serve as Subject Matter Expert on data sourced from our Retail partners.
2. 40% Strategic Planning – Partner directly with key stakeholders within Hershey’s Business and IS Data Capability teams to support current projects and identify new opportunities that align with Hershey’s Business & Commercial Data strategies.
3. 20% Vendor Management – Partner directly with 3rd party data & analytics vendors to support current projects. Identify platform changes that may affect current capabilities and understand future opportunities with supporting vendors.
Dimension ($, Units, Employees)
Direct Reports 3 (Sr Analysts/Analysts)
Operating Complexity Manage teams who support various retailers across different locations and subject matters
Cross functional engagement Ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders both internal and external
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate complex technical topics with senior business management.
• Proven track record and experience leading medium-size teams, developing and executing strategies and ensuring operational excellence.
• Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
• Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding and dynamic environment to meet overall objectives.
• Project management skills; experience with Agile, scheduling and resource management.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
• High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
• High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with limited supervision.
Thinks strategically by clearly anticipating future trends, challenges, and consequences, creating breakthrough commercial strategies and plans to enable business acceleration. Creates clear and compelling strategy and translates strategy into a business plan.
Leverages business judgment to shape strategy, based on solid understanding of commercial business’ requirements and capabilities. Should have basic understanding of operational, financial, and organizational capabilities.
Drive for Results
Pushes self and others to exceed goals and achieve breakthrough results. Recognizes the key actions necessary to achieve results and maintains own focus on achieving the important goals. Demonstrates persistence in removing barriers to achieve results and encourages others to do the same.
Prioritization and Judgment
Prioritizes and focuses on the right ideas, opportunities, issues, and projects. Develops decision criteria and considers benefits, costs, and risks of each decision and its immediate and long-range implications. Makes timely, sound judgments in uncertain and changing situations.
Leads and persuades others, within and outside of Hershey and without direct authority or formalized structure. Understands others’ needs, motivations, concerns, and positions. Establishes credibility with stakeholders and confidently influences their opinions and actions.
Develops and maintains quality, long-term relationships and partnerships based on trust, transparency, communication, and credibility with key internal and external stakeholders to accomplish strategic objectives. Works to find common ground and mutually beneficial solutions to conflicts.
Talent Management and Development
Defines and communicates performance standards and continuously raises the bar. Motivates employees to perform at their highest potential and achieve breakthrough results, holding individuals accountable for own actions, and recognizing individual contributions and achievements. Develops internal talent to meet the future needs of the organization.
Supports a culture that strives to exceed customer needs and is creatively challenged by and responsive to customer experiences. Gives priority to customer needs and makes work adjustments based on continuously reevaluating how well customer needs are being met.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Be specific with regard to years of experience, special training, applicable degree (or critical college level courses), as well as equivalency to education and experience.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering or related field
• 8+ years of experience with a combination of IS development/operations, commercial business, analytics and/or other IS jobs
• Located in or near Bentonville, Arkansas with the ability to be in office approximately 3 days per week
• Direct experience working with Walmart business, data & analytics
• Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) is preferred
• Minimum of two years’ experience in a people management role
• Demonstrated experience in effective interactions with senior leaders in a Fortune 500 company
• Demonstrated experience with Agile methodology & the software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated experience with leveraging Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud technologies to produce analytics consumed by Sales, Marketing or Supply Chain
• Demonstrated experience with Walmart Luminate, Retail Link, Kroger’s Market6, or other Retailer Direct portals for providing analytic support.
• Consistent ability to build relationships and leverage partners and advisors
• Familiarity with analytical capabilities such as Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx and Databricks.
• Comfortable with current Microsoft Office Suite (O365), flowcharting tools, and sharing through Teams (or equivalent).
• Familiarity with Azure Data Lake Store (preferably gen2) and leveraging Power BI or Tableau for data exploration.
• International business experience a plus
• Experience with retailer specific data & analytics (e.g. Kroger, Target, Sam’s Club)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com