Website Amtex Enterprises, Inc
We are looking for a Lead Backend Engineer to join our team in Charlotte, NC. You will work with our product, design and engineering teams to plan, design, and develop web and mobile applications for credit cards. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value their work and who welcome fresh ideas.
Who you are:
- You’re driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer first
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries and expand `your knowledge and skill set
What you’ll do:
- Lead the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design that are scalable and extensible
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other engineers on different permutations to find the best solution possible
- Own the quality of code and do your own testing. Automate feature testing and contribute UI testing framework
- Become a subject matter expert for our mobile applications backend and middleware
- Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone’s socks off
- Mentor junior developers on the team
What we’re looking for:
- Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
- A love for working in ambiguity—and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don’t form an opinion and sell it as if it’s gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities, as necessary
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g., personal projects, open-source involvement)
- Enthusiastic embrace of DevOps culture and collaborative software engineering
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and agile team environment
- Enthusiasm for cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Minimum B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or related discipline from accredited college or University
- At least 2 years of experience building internet facing applications
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS and/or OpenShift
- Proficient in following concepts: object-oriented programming, software engineering techniques, quality engineering, parallel programming, databases, etc.
- Proficient in building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks and consistently meet established timelines
- Experience integrating APIs with front-end and/or mobile-specific frameworks
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Apache Cordova framework
- Demonstrable knowledge of native coding background in iOS, Android
- Experience developing and deploying applications within Kubernetes based containers
- Experience in Agile and SCRUM development techniques
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
Up to 4% matching 401(k)
Paid time off
Paid volunteer time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com