Job Title: Software Engineer
Salary: $170k to $180K
Location: San Diego
Visa: USC, GC
Our ONR software team employs an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities into a mature Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution. Work involves troubleshooting, securing Linux operating systems and networks, and securing containers and container platforms. The ideal person would be interested in System Architecture and Security, while also interested in the nitty gritty of security and system access control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership for the design, development, implementation, and integration of complex software systems onto an MLS (Multi-level Security) platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and drive software architecture and design decisions.
- Collaborate with developers and stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex technical issues involving software, LINUX operating systems, and networks using SELinux and other access controls.
- Understand large scale software systems, what/where integration tests are needed, and how to automate and incorporate integration tests into a CI/CD pipeline.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline (e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Engineering)
- Ten or more (10+) years of professional experience involving software development and design
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale, distributed systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, gain consensus, and get things done.
- Strong expertise in one or more programming languages (e.g., Java, Python)
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Proficient in working with various operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts, including continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment (CI/CD), infrastructure as code, and automation
- Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance.
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Familiarity with SELinux and Multi-Level Security architectures
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or GitLab CI/CD including setting up build pipelines, automating testing, and deploying applications.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible and Terraform
- Familiarity with network protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, firewalls, and routers. Ability to configure, manage, and troubleshoot networking problems.
- Familiarity with DNS, LDAP, PKI, and other infrastructure services.
- Experience implementing access controls (DAC, MAC, RBAC)
- Experience with Virtual Machines, RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), and vSphere
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org