Seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst. The position is responsible for analyzing business processes, eliciting user requirements and utilizing best practices to determine how to implement those requirements. The position will require a thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle Waterfall model and Agile Software Development for the practical application of business analysis and application development methodologies.
• Strong ability to gather business requirements and develop functional/technical specifications.
• Strong ability to coordinate project efforts with varying degrees of complexity, deadlines, goals, etc.
• Strong ability to communicate with executive management, supervisors, colleagues, and customers.
• Solid project management and leadership skills.
• Ability to create detailed project documents including but not limited to a RFP, Charter, Business Requirements Document, Proposal, etc.
• Ability to recommend best practices and business process efficiency improvements.
• Ability to interact with end users, developers and act in a lead capacity for other technical staff.
• Knowledge of business analysis tools and methodologies.
• Provide direction to other project team members on how to successfully manage multiple priorities.
• Makes management presentations and submits reports as required.
Skills and Qualifications
• Exceptional organizational, documentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with drafting use case scenarios, and test cases.
• Experience with charting and charting tools for the creation of swim lanes diagrams, process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, etc.
• Experience with off- the-shelf software product reviews, and research comparison tables.
• User training and user acceptance testing experience.
• Proficient understanding of Agile tools and Microsoft Project.
• Experience with working and leading efforts with multiple and diverse teams
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science or any closely related field.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience leading multiple complex technology projects, performing business systems analysis and working with both business and technical stakeholders of the project.
• End to end experience with large-scale systems development projects.
• At least 1 year experience working with Accela Automation Land Development and/or Licensing Module, or similar Land Development software solution
- PMP/CSM/PMI-ACP or equivalent certification.
- Experience implementing GIS based solutions with ESRI and/or Accela tools.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the Land Development Permitting Industry, e.g.oLand Use Planning
- Building Permits
- Fire Prevention
- Public Works/Engineering
- Environmental Health
- Administration and Accounting