Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Irvine, CA or Sacramento, CA (They need to be within 15 min of Irvine or Sacramento)
Duration: 9+ Months
Rate: $60-70/hr on W2 or $70-80/hr on C2C to their own Inc
The successful applicant will be performing work on US Government environments, therefore, US Citizen or Green Card is required or GCC-EAD
• Typically requires BS in Computer Science or equivalent plus 3-6 years relevant experience in Enterprise Networking.
• A deep understanding of key technologies and protocols in Enterprise Networking, and data center environment.
• In-depth knowledge of designing and optimizing complex network solutions.
• In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability, and capacity management.
• Expertise with Cisco software features and functionality.
• Good understanding of all IP protocols.
• Strong operational and consultancy experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skill.
• Ability to function in ambiguous circumstances.
• Demonstrate expertise on relevant technology and delivery methods.
• Professional R/S level (i.e., CCNP) or equivalent relevant certification like CCIE R/S and/or DevNet Professional is/are desired.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Connects with Cisco internal stakeholders, customers and partners across functions and boundaries to achieve significant results. Earns the confidence of Cisco leaders and customers and able to use the confidence to achieve results.
• Be the trusted advisor on assigned customers/accounts by being onsite as needed.
• Decisions impact the achievement of customer, operational, program or service objectives.
• Contribute effectively to the areas of Customer Problem Resolution; Innovation; Engineering Engagement; Intellectual Capital; Talent Development.
• Interacts effectively with Engineering to solve complex problems, identifies serviceability issues, and drives resolution of the issues with Engineering and other organizations.
• Provides technical expertise and guidance to resolve complex customer problems in support of critical issues.
• Acts as a focal point for problem resolution for assigned customer engagements. Assures proper and quick resolution of major customer problems across an appropriate range of technologies.
• Owner and keeper of our culture.
• Continuously learning and strengthening technical skills for relevant technical domain and adjacent technologies.
• Is a technical expert in a broad area covering multiple technologies. Applies expected product behavior across industry practices. Knows how the technology is expected to work in the industry.
• Independently applies knowledge and experience in creating solutions for customer outcomes.
• Solves extremely complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation as well as evaluation of intangible variables.
• Initiates reviews of ideas and technical objectives within and across Services. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed by management and through consultation from a relatively long-time perspective for results.
• Works independently, with guidance in complex situations. Able to lead some projects or programs within a function and may act as a team leader to coordinate activities of other personnel.
Enterprise Networking, in depth knowledge in:
• Experienced in providing complex design recommendations integrating new features and new applications to Senior Leadership Teams. Advocate for the customer’s best interest and promote Cisco.
• Have Route/Switch advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, Datacenter Switching Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching, Multicast, Route Redistribution.
• Familiarity with features, examples include: MPLS (L2/L3 VPN/VRF-Lite) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, inter-as, QoS, Ipv6, IP SLAs, RPVST+, MST, PIM, DMVPN, GETVPN, NetFlow, PfR.
• Have knowledge and experiences in SDWAN, DNAC/SDA as well.
• Have programming skill like Ansible, Python, AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) and etc… is a plus.
• The candidate should have experience within enterprise networking environments both in troubleshooting complex scenarios and collaborating with the client and other team members to reach outcomes the meet the client’s needs.
Interested candidates send your resume to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com